Making statues look old

I bought two new statues. I want to make lthe look old. Does smearing on yogurt work? Any ideas?
If you're willing to wait, burying them in the ground for a month or so should do the trick. Or you could smear them with a mixture of buttermilk, garden soil and moss, processed in a blender. Keep moist at all times and see what happens.

http://www.pallensmith.com/index.php?option=com_simplefaq&task=answer&catid 3&aids6
-- Tara
Thanks that was good advice.
Bit worried about painting them though wanted it to be more natural aging of stone.
scfundogs wrote:

http://www.pallensmith.com/index.php?option=com_simplefaq&task=answer&catid 3&aids6
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Of what material are they made?
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

they are stone
Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:

fish emulsion, clay, and moss mixed together in a blender works well. I wouldn't recommend making margaritas in the blender afterwards, however.