making concrete look like stone

I've seen on the home improvement shows that sometimes a person can use paint to make a concrete slab look more like stone. I have three spots where this would be nice to do. I assume I would need to put some type of base coat of paint down, but after that I have no idea what to do. Any advice would be great.
Dave
What type of stone are you trying to emulate?
-- David J. Bockman, Fairfax, VA (USDA Hardiness Zone 7) email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com http://beyondgardening.com/Albums