Lost all my leaves on Avacodo

All the leaves have fallen off a new planting. Should I be concerned, will it recover? I am seeing new buds and there are remaining buds/start of flowers? where leaves used to be. Not sure if the new buds are leaves or flowers. Should I continue to water or back off?
Tree is about 3 ft tall if that helps as far as age.
All recommendations appreciated, sorry for the limited description.
Zeke