Looking for garden supplies, plants and flowers.

I want to grow some beautiful flowers and plants in my garden and i don't know where i can buy them with cheap prices. I need your advice, my garden needs help!

Reply to
zineb

I am new to this site, what is cheap? if you have a greenhouse you won't get any cheaper than growing from seed. "plants"I alway try and buy local, good reason I can see what I'm buying, again if you can get plug plants/mini plants you can pot on yourself. I don't know if I am allowed to name stores, but I shop at a certain supermarkets that sells packs of six for £2.oo, sometimes cheaper if you buy two, choice wisely and you could take cuttings for more plants. hope tjs helps.

Reply to
2DFuchia

Hey there, well, if you're used to shopping online, you could look for coupon codes and benefit from amazing reductions, you have for exemple 'Garden Bargains voucher codes'

use them when purchasing plants, equipments and all that, I'm sure they'll come in handy.

Reply to
Savile

With that in mind, look for six packs, or 4" pots, where there is more than 1 plant growing. Hose off the dirt on the roots, starting at the bottom and working up, and tease apart the roots. Then repot, fish emulsion, then treat as any other plant, and after several weeks, plant.

Reply to
Billy

The best way to save money on new plants is not to buy them in pots. Either raise them from seed or get cuttings from friends and neighbours and strike them yourself. If you don't know how get a book from the library. As always you would get more specific advice if you said where in the world you are.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Wow what a nice thought.I also have been doing the same thing means gardening from a alot of time here when you are talking about flower for cheap then i recommend you to go to a big famous garden there you might get nice floers for free for your garden.

Reply to
johnyjacken

It would help, if you could tell us where in Africa you are, or what zone you maybe in.

When your fall arrives, you might look for seed pods on plants that you like, and take those. You may be able to get them from a gardener, or a nursery may sell them to you cheap.

Reply to
Billy