Looking for Free Fruit or Nuts Trees/Seedlings

Hi! I am want to replace several trees I had to cut down last year or a couple that will probably need to come down in teh next couple of years. I would like to plant some nice fruit/nuts trees. Unfortunately, due to a very low budget, I was wondering if any gardening lovers outhere had some small trees/seedlings they would be willing to send my way... I am very interested in European & American Chestnuts, Hazelnuts, Multiple Fruit trees and edible berries (Mulbery, current, etc.) and anything that could produce an edible fruit. I would be very gratefull! Thanks! Sincerely, Save Antartica.
P.S.: I am located in West Chester, PA, USA
save snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

i may have American Chestnut seeds. there are a *lot* of seedpods on the tree, but, since it's an only child, pollination tends to be low. i won't know how many actual nuts there are until October. this particular tree has had Chestnut Blight, but was pruned severely & has survived (no sign of recurring blight in over 10 years). it has produced viable offspring, but none are old enough to provide cross-pollination to increase the number of viable nuts. if anyone else has American chestut seeds or seedlings, i'd be interested in getting some genetic diversity involved. i also have black walnut seeds. i'll trade either/both for blight resistant butternut. lee <where currants are illegal>
On Sep 11, 1:37?am, save snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Your local Cornell Agri Extention may be able to supply you with seedlings for free of for very cheap, depends on the size of your property, etc.

why would you think Cornell has extentions in PA? they are a NY Land Grant University. i'm sure the OP could check with *his* state ag uni for their extention agencies though. lee

Are you naturally functionally illiterate or did you need to take lessons.... ALL state agri extentions are interconnected and operate in tandem. You've yet to offer any usefulness, only negativity... and you suggested what specifically... as per usual NOTHING, just like yourself a big fat NOTHING... a L I A R is what you are.
http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/pp/extension/tfabp/smallfr.shtml

Enigma is neither, but you, as usual, are abusively ignorant.

Just where on this page does it say that Cornell operates extension offices in Pennsylvania? Sure, they offer their information to one and all, but they most definitely do not have offices in Pennsylvania.
Don't be an asshole for the rest of your life, please!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

G***amn Ann, what is your fascination with the sheldon critter?
You just can't resist, can you? :-)
Charlie
Charlie expounded:

I think if you look through the threads currently active you'll see I only respond to the idiot when he's being particularly nasty - or so totally wrong it can't be left alone for some poor soul to follow his rantings. Enigma is a great member of this group and I can't watch her treated that way. Fascinated with Shelly-poo? No, I just don't like mean people.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

aw, thanks Ann. Sheldon likes to think he knows everything on several groups. while he may have areas of expertise, he does have a *lot* of misconceptions & outright wrong ideas. oh, well. makes life interesting, neh? ;) hey Sheldon. gonna come over & help me run sapline this winter? hah hah hah lee

http://pics.livejournal.com/ladylabyrinth/pic/00006pbf

as far as general advice & such, yes. supplying plant materials & out-of-area specific advice, no. when i'm at this farm, i get specific advice from the county extention of UNH. when i'm at my NY farm, i get county specific advice from Cornell. i certainly don't ask for advice from UNH about growing conditions in Oswego county (nor would i expect Cornell to know about Rockingham county, which can vary from ag zone 6 to ag zone 4).

no, i suggested that he contact the PA state land grant college, who could refer him to the county extention nearest him. i also offered him seeds, but of course you overlooked that because i showed you up a few times & you just can't let go ;) lee