Looking for a Plant that Grows Quick

Hi there.
For a science experiment I am doing with a child, I am looking for a seed that once planted will sprout and grow quickly such that height measurements can be taken. The time frame that I am looking at is 7-9 days. Does anybody know of a suitable seed that we can use? You help is much appreciated.

experiments.
beans and peas are good but chickpeas are better. sunflower and lemon/orange/grapefruit are possibilities also, though it is wise to scratch the hard coat beforehand (with sandpaper). Any seed large but not so large that it will take a long time to sprout. If you can start the seed ahead of time, mango will provide a show once it gets out of the shell. In the summer, watermelon and melon seeds sprout by the thousands in my compost pile, and they go fast. One could also buy wheat at the health food store. That, too, goes fast.

Radishes.

Radish.

USDA Zone 8
marijuana grows fairly quick.

Is that a fact?
Why don't you send him some of your plants, Stoner?