Little Yellow Eggs found in plant compost! Pictures attached

Im repotting a house plant into a larger pot and im using some compost from another dead house plant that I throw out 6 months ago. However ive found little yellow eggs, the size of pepper corns in the compost from the dead plant. They are semi-translucent and can be crushed quite easily, where its quite gooey and small white particles are inside.

Im worried that i will have some kind of bug infestation in my apartment if I use this soil. Does anyone know what this could be?

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: SAM_3426.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: SAM_3427.jpg | |Download:
rosewazs

Controlled-release fertilizer nodules. No worries.

Reply to
Amos Nomore

Looks like slow release feriliser to I.

OtherFellow

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

Do they sell "Osmocote" over there?

Reply to
beecrofter

Yes, I'd agree, slow release fertilzer like 'Osmacote', so dont worry, they are not any form of bug, most people think they are snails eggs. Lannerman

lannerman

Idk what they are but I found some holes newly dug in my mom's house plant and it had tiny yellow eggs I wish I knew what they were

Reply to
tonyswifee3841