liriope and crabgrass

hello,
we had some extensive landcaping this year and have scatterings of liriope through out. we notice that crabgrass has started to infiltrate our plants with many liriope's taking a direct hit. the crabgrass will grow right through them often times requiring uprooting both the weed and plant to separte them. they are quite insidious.
i've read about halts and pre-emergents to control crabgrass. is it still useful at this stage of the year or are we better off weeding by hand and starting fresh next year?
thanks!
On 27 Aug 2005 04:57:30 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

Try Image http://www.amdro.com/Image/downloads/image_conc_product_label.pdf Image is a selective herbicide that can be sprayed over liriope. The label (page2) states it may require more than one spraying to kill crabgrass.
Regards,
Hal