Leaves on Bay plant sticky

The leaves on my Bay plant are shiny and tacky as well as the surounding area around the pot. I have looked with a magnifying glass and can't see any bugs or spider mites. I have it inside till the weather clears up. Any suggestions?
Thanks Lori
Put the leaves in soup.

Until I find out what that is then it's not going past my lips in soup or anything else. ;-)
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:16:11 GMT, "Cereus-validus....."

You have an insect or mite infestation, most likely insects from the Homoptera genus. (aphids, scale, mealy bugs.) Sight unseen I'd go for scale insects which can be smothered with repeat applications of horticultural oil. ( you might be able to do it with spray vegetable oils like the brand"Pam") The first step would be to give the plant a nice warm bath or next month you will be asking about sooty mold.
Look on the underside of the leaves for little bumps those would be the covers of scale insects.

you have scale..look for brown shells stuck to the new growth..Put it outside when the weather is nice and treat is systemically.
alice