Joe-pye weed

I have a joe-pye 'Chocolate' that needs to be moved. Can I do that this fall or should I wait until spring? I live in zone 5. Thanks.
I'd wait until spring. Perennials that bloom late in the season generally dislike being moved now.
BTW, this plant is an incredible self-seeder for me. If I neglect to remove the spent flower heads, I can count on spending some time in the spring removing seedlings. It's a bit of a nuisance, but I keep it for its virtue of blooming so late in the year.
Cheers, Sue
--
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net
Zone 6, Southcentral PA

Is it possible to get some seeds from you? Thanks Joy

I've got them coming up wild everywhere on my property. They must self seed very well in our area. They are even growing in the gravel around my swimming pool. Most of them have dried out seed pods on them ready to explode as do my sweet peas. Sue in Mi. Zone 5