Japanese Red Maple

I bought my friend this tree(Japanese Red Maple) 2 years ago, it had leaves then but never returned after that(the leaves I mean). Any answers on this matter would be a big help, thanks. BTW, we live in SE Alaska and there are a lot of these trees growning here just fine.
It's dead.
You're welcome.

quick snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1154377369.410066.65240@ 75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

"It's dead, Jim."
FragileWarrior wrote:

Thank you Dr. McCoy.
All the time I lived there I wished ofr the maple color in the fall. I missed it most of all. Now you know why it dosen't do so hot there. Lilacs either unless they are cared for really carefully.
--

Betsy