Japanese gardening

Page 2 of 2

he
cuts
I dunno. There are plenty of rock outcrops in Japan.

layers of

I'm not sure that a road cut can EVER look "just right." But it's not really that tough to create a natural rock wall, cliffside, or rocky glen in a garden. Just remember, (trite-but-true phrases coming up), less is more. And time heals all wounds.
It IS almost impossible to get the look of an aged cliff wall in one sitting, but give it a few years, leave fallen leaves where they fall to decay, provide _dampness_, and it will come. Native plants (especially those native to rocks and that KIND of rocks) also help.
Jim Lewis - snipped-for-privacy@nettally.com - Tallahassee, FL -

Or give it a few hundred years.
- Tallahassee, FL - Only where people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.