It's Raining!

And there's a great sucking noise coming from the garden! Yippee!!
Seahag Annapolis, MD
Seahag wrote:

parched in the sandhills of nc rae

great. We have had 3 weeks of almost continuous rain in NZ, rain on every day. Mind, we had a drought yesterday. Must've been 6-8 hours between down pours. I hear a squelching sound when I step on the garden. You're more than welcome to come over here and take as much as you want.

LOL, I would if I could! Sure wish it'd been a nice long soaker rain.
Seahag

Hope you got more than we did on the DE/MD border about halfway up or down. The birds all appear when we run the sprinklers, and cavort in the spray and practically roll in the grass. The hummers are a scream hovering in it then turning backwards and fanning their tails whilst peeping. Nan in DE
BetsyB
"Nanzi" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Nanzi wrote:

Funny what a few miles difference makes ;) Frank

I think we ended up with about 3/4 of an inch over all. It misted and dripped all night after the initial rain. My Buddy has hummer and 3 other bird feeders so there are always plenty of birds. I watched a couple eating what looked like big worms off the hickory tree before the rain. I just love it when birds come by for a shower from the hose. I mostly get barn swallows on the boat...love them little boogers:) Raised one one time.
Seahag

me, but has only spit on my garden today. GRRRRRR!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

I got soaked but it was down pour so I don't know how much did any real good for the gardens. My hair frizzed up nicely though.
Cheryl Who had the downpour happen just as she turned off the truck at the grocery store.