Is this a weed?

Page 1 of 2
This year I used an American Meadow Midwest Wildflower mix for my wildflower boxes. Some of the wildflowers in the box came back from last year. Usually I can recognize the typical weed (I.e. a local ugly plant that shows up everywhere without being planted). This one plant I was thinking of pulling about a month ago got huge broad leaves kind of like a big dandelion. I let it grow and then it looked like it might be some sort of big poppy. Now it has gotten huge and it doesn't look like a poppy and it's taking up a lot of space in the box. I don't mind if it turns into something nice but if it's just a nasty common weed I probably should get it out of there.
Does anyone have an idea of what this is?
http://www.brandylion.com/images/weed.jpg
-- As of June 8, major planting operations have ended. Mission Accomplished!
Possibly prickly lettuce: http://www.ppws.vt.edu/scott/weed_id/lacse.htm
Sue
--
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMearthlink.net
Zone 6, South-central PA
Mark Anderson wrote:

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
That's Asteraceae and its definitely not a "Goldenrod" (Solidago).
Mark Anderson wrote:

--
Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
In article snipped-for-privacy@spam.net says...

It's started blooming today.
http://www.brandylion.com/images/weed-flower.jpg
This is a top down view and it's in better focus than that last picture.
It looks like a weed. Considering that most wildflowers are considered weeds I don't mind. I do mind when they're ugly taking up way too much space. I cut it back exposing a seeded area that couldn't germinate because this plant plopped it's big fat leaves all over. I'm hoping I don't have to reseed that area.
--
As of June 8, major planting operations have ended. Mission
Accomplished!
I would agree.
Whatever it is, its butt ugly and you should yank it out!!!
says...

If
Joel Osteen has this for you: http://www.lakewood.cc/sermon_listing.htm #
Cereus-validus wrote:

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
Just as I suspected, Lazy Koveleski from the planet Houston, you are a born again crackpot kook!!!!

http://www.funet.fi/pub/sci/bio/life/plants/magnoliophyta/magnoliophytina/magnoliopsida/asteraceae/solidago /
last
probably
--
Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
I don't want to see you go to hell. God is no repector of personalities and will accept you as you are. Like I mentioned once before to you, I think you are at the 'moment before the miracle" stage. You know their are are many folks out there who really are for you and would be appreciative of seeing a miracle in your life because they do like you. Until that point occurs, they are just going along with you. However, they do have your best interests at heart. God, on the other hand, is waiting and has freedom fo you. The difference between mercy and grace is that grace is "not deserving what you get" and mercy is "not getting what you deserve". That proves out God is no respector of personalities and available to all. Kinda hard to judge someone who wants the best for you and who will freely give it.
Cereus-validus wrote:

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
You were doing so good for so long.....are you doing well? We care about you too.
paghat wrote:

<snip>
--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
But who care for lonely little Lazy Koveleski from the planet Houston?
wrote:

<snip>
--
Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
So Lazy Koveleski from the planet Houston, Do you know that you have gone completely off-topic and that you have become a completely obnoxious bore of a pest. You are far worse than any garden weed could ever possibly be. You are a newsgroup troll. You can look forward to going to that special place in hell for kooks like you if you believe that is where really bad people like you will be going.

http://www.funet.fi/pub/sci/bio/life/plants/magnoliophyta/magnoliophytina/magnoliopsida/asteraceae/solidago /
plant
like
some
it
--
Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
We will continue to lift you in prayer.

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
Who are we? You and your multiple personalities?
We will continue to lift you in prayer.
--
Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
My wife and I will pray for you and your wife and family.
Cereus-validus wrote:

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
Oh my, Lazy Koveleski, you certainly are one of those self-righteous dudes that always has to get the last word!
Why don't you and your wife do something better with your lives like the hokey pokey? Only then will you truly know what its all about!
This should get you started. If you do it right, you might need to use K-Y gel!!!
Hokey Pokey
You put your right foot in, You put your right foot out; You put your right foot in, And you shake it all about. You do the Hokey-Pokey, And you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!
You put your left foot in, You put your left foot out; You put your left foot in, And you shake it all about. You do the Hokey-Pokey, And you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!
You put your right hand in, You put your right hand out; You put your right hand in, And you shake it all about. You do the Hokey-Pokey, And you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!
You put your left hand in, You put your left hand out; You put your left hand in, And you shake it all about. You do the Hokey-Pokey, And you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!
You put your right side in, You put your right side out; You put your right side in, And you shake it all about. You do the Hokey-Pokey, And you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!
You put your left side in, You put your left side out; You put your left side in, And you shake it all about. You do the Hokey-Pokey, And you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!
You put your nose in, You put your nose out; You put your nose in, And you shake it all about. You do the Hokey-Pokey, And you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!
You put your backside in, You put your backside out; You put your backside in, And you shake it all about. You do the Hokey-Pokey, And you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!
You put your head in, You put your head out; You put your head in, And you shake it all about. You do the Hokey-Pokey, And you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!
You put your whole self in, You put your whole self out; You put your whole self in, And you shake it all about. You do the Hokey-Pokey, And you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about

--
Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
Cereus-validus wrote:
I fully believe your generational curses will be lifted, that you will be the victor and not the victim, that you will be the head and not the tail, that your best days are just ahead of you with full empowerment through the power of the Holy Spirit and that no weapon formed you against shall prosper.
--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
You know something, Lazy Koveleski, you pork butt?
Cereus-validus wrote:
I fully believe your generational curses will be lifted, that you will be the victor and not the victim, that you will be the head and not the tail, that your best days are just ahead of you with full empowerment through the power of the Holy Spirit and that no weapon formed you against shall prosper.
--
Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
Cereus-validus wrote:
I am visualizing that your best days are just ahead of you.
--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
Yeah who are we? most of us prefer to poke pins into a effigy of Stanley and do a voodoo curse....