Is my Bougainvillea dead?

Hi everyone, I've searched around on the internet for some information on this, but I finally decided to just ask this group my question. I went away for a week and had some friends watering my container plants. One of them is a bougainvillea in a hanging basket. Well, everything else went really well, except that they didn't see it hanging up on the porch and it went without water for ~3 days before they noticed it all dried out. I live in Tucson, AZ so this is a very bad thing. The leaves are now dried up and the few blooms on it have turned to tissue paper. I cut those off, and a little bit of one of the stems to see what it looked like on the inside. It looks like it might still be a little bit light green, but very hard to tell.

My main questions are:

1) Is it dead/a lost cause? 2) If not, can I save it? 3) how?

I'd appreciate any info/tips you guys have very much! :-)

Reply to
diana.smith

I did something similar to some of mine that are potted, They came back.

Keep the soil slightly damp, not too wet. Let the plant come back on its own. I'd keep it out of full sun, part shade would give it less stress. No fertilizer until it is growing again.

Reply to
Charles

Reply to
diana.smith