Hydrangea

Can I transplant a flowering hydrangea? It's in a 5-gallon planter, and I have a ton of compost I can put around ir.

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
Chris

No problem, way better success rate this time of year if done on rainy day. Under no circumstances aloow the root mass to dry in the sun, so get you hole ready first.

Reply to
beecrofter

If you mean it's in a container or pot, then yes you can plant it now. If you mean it's in the ground or in a planter in which you have to dig it out, I'd say wait till the fall.

If in a pot, totally saturate the roots in the pot and just dig a hole and plant it. Keep it watered, but not over watered.

Reply to
Jangchub

Thanks.

Unfortunately I was sick most of the weekend and other things jumped on my time wagon. I will hope for a shower next weekend :)

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Thanks,

Yes, it is in a large container now. I have to roll the thing on its side and bang it to loosen it before it will come out, but no real digging. I don't need to cut the rootball or anything like that. Just have to dig a huge honking hole :)

You know, I wish I had thought of saturating its twin before I transplanted it a few weeks ago. I bet it would have come out of the planter a whole lot easier :(

Chris

Reply to
Chris