How to control wisteria?

My neighbor has this big wisteria root coming out of the ground right near our fence. The fence is a weak little 4 footer and the weight of the wisteria is trashing it. I clip it off when I can but the woody branches are thickening and it's getting tougher. Is there anything I can spray on my side to keep this plant at bay? Thanks for any help. Ed
On Thu, 19 May 2005 11:35:15 -0400, Ed wrote:

Nope, all you can do is keep pruning it if it comes on your side or try talking to your neighbor to see if you or he can saw off that branch.
You could also chip out a portion of your fence, where the root is heaving it, as long as it's not a support beam. Sometimes this is the easier solution.......

Ed wrote:

Who owns the fence?

USDA Zone 8
Maybe pray that nasty goblins will come up from Haydes and spray glyphosphate type stuff all over it one sunny morning