How fast does Creeping Thyme grow?

We just put in a paver walkway and there are a few in the corners that we couldn't get to look exactly right, so.... I've decided to plant some small sedums and some Creeping Thyme in some of the paver joints.
Does anyone know how fast the Creeping Thyme will spread? Is it a soft to the touch plant? (I don't want anything that is stemmy/woody)
Right now I have some creeping green sedum that spreads nicely, but its not evergreen and I'm hoping that the thyme will stay around during the winter here in Zone 6/7.
Thanks!
Thyme is slow growing and stemmy/woody. Try using Corsican mint for this purpose. It grows rapidly and is herbaceous.

Thanks for the tip on the Corsican mint! Do you know by chance if it's evergreen in Zone 6/7? I'm off to do some research on it. :)

No idea.

It's iffy in zone 6.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a