Hops garden -- new centralized group

I just planted my first hop rhizomes this year, encountered a few problems and questions, and after spending a LOT of time trying to find answers and a community of hop gardeners, I decided that what we need is one centralized respository of knowledge about growing and caring for hops. I therefore created

-- which is exclusively about hop gardening. I hope that those of you who are growing your own hops will join us. There is definite interest out there because is less than 24 hours from starting the group, we already have 29 members.

By the way, for many years I have also had an enormous vegetable garden

-- about 7,000 square feet -- and my son sells vegetables to the produce stand down the street. Got hit by a late frost here in Arkansas this spring, so I had to replant most of my garden, but things are looking very good right now. I tilled two dump truck loads of sawdust into the garden in the fall, and applied a lot of nitrogen to help it decompose, and it has helped a lot. The worst mistake I ever made was putting a dumptruck of manure in my garden a couple of years ago; I'm still dealing with every weed known to mankind. :-(

Thank you.

Bill Velek

Discuss 'equipment only' with 590+ brewers, including many pros and many with Tiers/RIMS/HERMS.

Reply to
Bill Velek