Help to ID that tree!

I live in a Chicago, IL suburb and recently bought a new house. There is a cool tree in the corner of my yard and I have no idea what it is.
It stands about 6 to 7 feet tall. It's branches grow horizontally outward for maybe a foot or so, and then almost straight down, creating a sort of upside down bowl. It's branches range from maybe 1/2" to 1" in diameter.
It is too early in the spring for the tree to have grown it's leaves, so I'm afraid I can't describe them.
Joran6
Why not turn to the American Floral Endowment at http://www.endowment.org/ - I'm sure they could help.
Best wishes Harry http://www.successflorist.com