Help: Removing rust spots from grey river rocks.

I have a large quantity of grey Mexican river rocks that have aquired rust spots of varying degree on their surfaces. Is there a way to remove these spots without destroying the surface of the rocks? To email snipped-for-privacy@orchids.ca replace orchids with shaw
replace orchids with shaw
If the rust is caused by iron-bearing minerals in the rocks, no.
If you use various products made for removing rust stains from sinks, etc, the stains will reappear after the rock has been out in the weather for a while.
J. Del Col
No these were caused by an iron grid that was supporting the center rock in my bubbler as well as preventing the river rock from falling into the basin underneath.
On 27 Feb 2004 04:37:25 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@mail.ab.edu (J. Del Col) wrote:

To email snipped-for-privacy@orchids.ca replace orchids with shaw

Oxalic acid is the school solution for rust stains. Available at home improvement stores, usually. Poisonous, so take due precautions with it.
--

- Charles
-

Purchase a product that removes rust. Naval Jelly, CLR, Zud, The Works, all remove rust. Most of these contain oxalic acid. But, I would not uses any of these if you intend to use the rocks in a fish pond.