Help!! Need a trailing plant for pond edge

Can someone suggest a something to plant at the edge of a water garden that will trail over the side and brush the water? Don't want a plant that will spread a lot.
Thanks
ask on rec.ponds

Why? I don't want a pond or bog plant. I want a plant that will look well trailing over a wall.
wrote:

that
will
On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 14:08:27 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com wrote:

Not really a "trailing" plant, but I've seen various kinds of ferns used effectively along the edges of ponds, they may have been in pots that were turned or they could have been planted in the ground...if you're using a pond liner you have to watch out digging around the edges as the liner is usually just under the soil.. and usually rocks are placed to weight the liner as well as hide it and flat rocks usually are placed to stick out over the water a bit also to shade the liner as well as make it more difficult for animals to get right to the water's edge and "fish" . Also don't want to plant things which will have roots strong enough to poke through the liner. Definitely not a rhizomatous grass with their needle sharp growing tips.
Janice

I asked about a trailing plant. I have had ponds for many years.

that
will

I don;t remember the name of the vine I have along mine, but its a very common plant. Its a vine that has light green leaves with while veins etc on ther leaf itself. Its commonly seen in hanging pnaters and such and is very common. I'll have to look it up and find out the name.
I have a 1 acre pond with a small section fenced off with hardware cloth around a water garden and some koi and goldfish, and planated this vine where the hardware cloth is dug into the pond bank. It has slowly spready all across the hardware cloth basically covering the mesh, but its not all that an invasive of a plant. Also have it planted here and there in the rocks forming a wall along the pond and its easy to keep under control. Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Opinions expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Would sure appreciate the name. Will check your web site. Hope you have pictures. My husband won't let me have a bigger pond unless is spring fed and has an outlet.
wrote:

garden that

that will

I've had good luck with both creeping jenny and aquatic forget-me-not at the edge of my pond. They don't spread faster than I can control them and look very pretty all year.
kathy :-) <A HREF="http://www.onceuponapond.com /">Once upon a pond</A>