Where is this tree from?
Is this tree a Bristlecone Pine?
Or an ancient tree from Africa?
Or where?
Here is the video of the tree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgnp6bCDweM

~tkc~
out of sheer curiousity, why?

On 5 Jan 2007 21:30:13 -0800, "The Kearsley Curse"

doesn't look much like the bristlecone pines I've seen.
I think it is an African Acacia
http://205.243.100.155/photos/Acacia1.jpg
They are a dominant feature in the African Savannah and form part of the eco-system without them no animals. It's getting hotter and drier in Africa.
http://www.panda.org/about_wwf/where_we_work/ecoregions/eastafrican_acacia_savannas.cfm
Cheeky Frog wrote:

http://www.panda.org/about_wwf/where_we_work/ecoregions/eastafrican_acacia_savannas.cfm
There are several species I think the species is here
http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantab/plimagesab/acaciaeriol3.jpg
"Acacia erioloba" which has a thick and twisted trunk and can live for a few hundred years. It's trunks are like iron.
Some sources list the tree in questions as the 'tree of life' from the garden of eden that are some solitary specimens that store water in the trunks but those are baobabs
See images here http://images.google.co.uk/images?svnum &hl=en&lr=&safe=off&qobab&btnG=Search
I think the tree and backgorund in the video has been semi-created and refers to the Tree of Life that Adam and Eve had the apple from.
Either species would make interesting bonsai :)
Nice video
hello Cheeky, sounds very interesting what you describe - are you engaged in such topics like desertification / renaturalisation? personally I'm looking for pioneer plants and prservation of enangered species cheers kauhl

http://www.panda.org/about_wwf/where_we_work/ecoregions/eastafrican_acacia_savannas.cfm
http://images.google.co.uk/images?svnum &hl=en&lr=&safe=off&qobab&btnG=Search
The Kearsley Curse wrote:

possibly a baobab tree? Floyd has used them before in their art on Delicate Sound Of Thunder.
Thanks to Cheeky Frog and Lar and others.
Yes, you could be correct. It may be the Baobab tree. And thanks for your input.
Please see this link: http://www.championtrees.org/champions/baobab.htm
Again, thanks.
~tkc~