Help me identify this tree

Where is this tree from?

Is this tree a Bristlecone Pine?

Or an ancient tree from Africa?

Or where?

Here is the video of the tree:

The Kearsley Curse

J. T. Laurie

doesn't look much like the bristlecone pines I've seen.

Reply to
Charles

I think it is an African Acacia

http://205.243.100.155/photos/Acacia1.jpgThey are a dominant feature in the African Savannah and form part of the eco-system without them no animals. It's getting hotter and drier in Africa.

Cheeky Frog

are several species I think the species is here
"Acacia erioloba" which has a thick and twisted trunk and can live for a few hundred years. It's trunks are like iron.

Some sources list the tree in questions as the 'tree of life' from the garden of eden that are some solitary specimens that store water in the trunks but those are baobabs

See images here

think the tree and backgorund in the video has been semi-created and refers to the Tree of Life that Adam and Eve had the apple from.

Either species would make interesting bonsai :)

Nice video

Reply to
Cheeky Frog

possibly a baobab tree? Floyd has used them before in their art on Delicate Sound Of Thunder.

Reply to
Lar

hello Cheeky, sounds very interesting what you describe - are you engaged in such topics like desertification / renaturalisation? personally I'm looking for pioneer plants and prservation of enangered species cheers kauhl

"Cheeky Frog" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

> There are several species I think the species is here

> I think the tree and backgorund in the video has been semi-created and

Reply to
kauhl-meersburg

Thanks to Cheeky Frog and Lar and others.

Yes, you could be correct. It may be the Baobab tree. And thanks for your input.

Please see this link:

thanks.

~tkc~

Lar wrote: