Help identifying disease

Hi,

I have a plum tree in my garden which has been growing well for years but this summer the leaves started to tun yellow and die. Can someone help to identify the problem please?

I have attached a few photos.

Thanks

Louis.

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: IMG_3629.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: IMG_3630.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: IMG_3627.JPG | |Download:
Louis

That might be herbicide damage and not any disease.

Reply to
David E. Ross

It's certainly not a very healthy looking tree. Start with the usual suspects - water and feeding. Has it becoem waterlogged or has it been extremely dry. Have you overdosed it with food (although I's be thinking more about water than plant food). Has there been aything unusual happen in it's environment eg, extreme heat, extreme cold, too much of anything going on around it (lime, grey water, whatever)?

Reply to
Farm1

Your plum tree may be suffering from root rot. Root rot is caused by too much water, making the soil upon which the roots have taken home a breeding ground for a variety of undesiable pests. Due to this your plum tree leaves turning yellow. Spray plant safe insecticides for temporary solutions. But the best method is reduce watering and determine the right amount of water and even make sure your plant receives the proper amount of sunlight.

allen73