Grow light???

Any ideas on a good inexpensive grow light?? We brought all our potted tropicals in our garage the other night so they would not freeze. One plant(palm) is about 8 ft tall and about 300 pounds. It is not easy to keep bringing all this in and out of the garage so any ideas ?? I would love to get some type of grow light and keep all these plants in until spring.
Shellie Cahill wrote:

Any florsecent light will do. Go to Wal-Mart and get one of their cheap florescent lights for about $12.
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail) ~~~~~~
"I reserve the absolute right to be smarter today than I was yesterday." -Adlai Stevenson ************************************************* http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com / http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing /
GO TO MANARDS AND ASK THEM. THEY WILL SET YOU UP. I DID AND IT WORKS GREAT.

Hi Shellie, Just be sure to get a flourescent that has the right spectrum for growing plants (usually a warmer frequency type). I bought my last set at Menards, but I'm sure they are available widely. I used a simple shop type flourescent fixture.
Sherwin Dubren
Shellie Cahill wrote:

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:00:11 -0500, Sherwin Dubren wrote:

You can use one warm and one cool.
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 20:00:51 -0500, Shellie Cahill wrote:

Use regular shop lights. The 4 foot flourescent ones. It's all you need.
Shellie Cahill wrote:

HPS or MH. Fluorescents lose too much intensity past 4" from the tubes.

Dr. Moonbeam is able to post his replies in the future!
With such an amazing ability he cold get rich by predicting lottery numbers.
Isn't it about time you reset your clock, Chuckie baby?

".........Dr. Moonbeam is able to post his replies in the future!........"
There are always time zones, which is why you can reply to me 5 or so hours before I ask a question. But If everyone would set their computers to GMT ( http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/home.htm )which we all know is the only true time then there would be no problems like this.
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
David Hill wrote:

Thanks David, I was em tech support asking them why I was seeing the RE'S before the original post. DA!!!
--
I live in zone 9B-10A
The zone splits in my City

Cereoid-UR12- wrote: