Greenhouse glazing

I'd like to replace the roof on my solar (semi hoop) cabana. I shelter a few plants in it in the winter (and myself too), so I'm not so concerned about light transmission. The roof gets little light in the winter, I have a south facing window that gets the most. Mostly I need tough and flexible as this is curved. I have some cats that like it up there!

I stumbled on this:

comments? Any other ideas?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago

Reply to
dr-solo

Some parts of the world, NZ for one, polycarb film seems to be readily available. Not in Atlanta though, I'll look some more.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

Try the clear plastic in the painting department.

Reply to
Billy

Weather and UV will cause those cheapo painter's drop cloths to significantly decay in less than 90 days. My frugal tenant used one over her little rabbit hutch as winter protection, decayed to shreds in short order. Try here:

brooklyn1

Polyethylene Film (aka Visqueen, painters plastic, etc.): Professional Plastics supplies a full-range of polyethylene film products used in household & commercial applications including construction & painting. Standard rolls are available in both clear & black. Available Thicknesses: .001", .002", .003", .004", .006", .008", .010", .015", .020" Available Widths: 3ft, 4ft, 6ft, 8 ft, 10ft, 20 ft, 40ft Available Lengths: 50 ft, 100 ft, 200 ft & 400 ft

The above goes with

Reply to
Billy