Grass seeding

What is the best time to over-sow grass seed in the spring? (I know that the fall is the best time). We live in Zone 7 (Maryland); the weather has been cold and lingering snow left the yard very soggy until recently. It's still very damp.
Is there a typical "best time"? Temperature has been in the 60's all week, but that won't last.
Dora snipped-for-privacy@giveitup.com
limey at toad dot net
We need to wait a bit longer in this zone, Dora. Wait until the danger of frost has passed (I think according to the almanac in our area it's mid-April.)
Dave

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 19:50:43 GMT, "David J Bockman"

If you want to plant now move south. My bahai grass seed I put out a while back is starting to poke out of the ground already. South central alabama, don;t have a clue as to what the zone is here! Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Opinions expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.