Grass

Can grass be used as a mulch between vegetables?

I have used it with good results, however you need to be sure it hasn't gone to seed when you put it down. You must also make sure it doesn't contain any dandelion flowers that can re-seed themselves.
The best thing about using it, is you return the nutrients back into the soil. I borrowed a garden patch one year that had been used to dump all the cut grass on. I plowed it in and raised the biggest acorn squash I have ever seen.
Dwayne

If the "grass" has its own seed in the mulch, and its not St. Augustine, you may have problems. May be aiding to weeding requirements for the vegetable garden. Winter rye would be an interesting intruder, in the late fall or winter depending where you live. Dave

NO IT MAY CONTAIN WEEDS SEEDS. DOUG