Garden archway

I am attempting to build a garden archway and grow trumpet vine on it.I have about eight foot to work with between two vines. I have a problem with finding the right materials. I really am at a loss for where to start. Can anyone offer an idea? Chuckie 5
If you have the tools and skills, I think redwood is hard to beat. Cut thin, it can be bent into some very nice shapes. I do regularly apply a clear oil finish to protect the wood, and for an archway I would suggest some kind of rot-impervious foundation, as I don't like to let the wood touch the ground.
On the other hand, some of the catalogues that flood my mailbox show nice looking archways made, I think, of plastic or metal.
Chuckie wrote:

there.