Frangapani

Hi I was hoping someone could tell me if i cut the smallest branch off
Frangapani tree how do I start a new tree from that, it is the softe twig/branch that 7 or so smaller twigs come off which all have flowers Ive been told that it can be done by planting straight into soil. o does it have to be one of the larger branches(harder ones) is ther more to it than that? I presume so! Thanx for your help. scott
-- wheres_slick2
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 29, 12:19 pm, wheres_slick2

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13387
HTH
Add pictures here
✖
wheres_slick2 wrote:

You must live in one of the warmer zones to grow Frangipani Scotty. I had great luck cutting off soft limbs and planting directly in the soil with them. I grew them when we lived in Saudi Arabia and had the white, yellow, and red (pink) flowering ones. Scented the patio up nicely too.
Strange thing living in a desert and grew orchids and tropical trees as a hobby for five years. Long as you had water anything would grow. Good luck with your frangipani.
George
Add pictures here
✖
wheres_slick2 wrote:

We've had great luck just placing directly in potting soil (not dirt/garden soil) but making certain not to overwater as it could rot and also not physically disturbing it as the little hair-like roots can break off. I think a lot of people root in water first. And some sources claim the broken end must dry out first.
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Add pictures here