Four o clocks

I dug up some Four o clocks and moved them. They were at least 3 feet tall, and the root (rhizome, corm??) was good sized. (at least as big as a woman's fist) Of course the Four o clocks do not look happy in their new spot. Very droopy and wilted looking. It's been a week since I transplanted them. I am in South Louisiana, below New Orleans. If they don't perk up, maybe just leave them in the ground and they will catch up next season? I did a Google search and the only transplant information that I could find was on seedlings. Perry

Reply to
Perry Templeton

When I move mine, I cut the top off just above ground level and once the tuber is in the ground I put down a good amount of steer manure and a slow deep soaking of water. They come back after awhile.

Reply to
starlord

I have tried transplanting large four o'clocks many times, sometimes cutting them back and sometimes not, and usually the ones that are cut back recover faster and grow better than the ones not cut back.. Cut the large stems back to a few inches above ground level, mulch, and keep them well watered.

Reply to
Pam Gibbs

Reply to
gregpresley