Flowers to plant in October?

Are there any flowers I could plant now (3 October) that would survive and look moderately pretty in a few months?
I live near Atlanta. The flowers would be in a big pot that would be in a screened-in porch on the south side of the house. They'd have at least a few hours of sun each day. Temps will occasionally get below freezing in December and January, so I could bring them inside on those days, if necessary.
Thanks for any info,
Mel
Mel wrote:

pansies?
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

On 10/2/06 11:16 PM, in article GCkUg.10828$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net, "Carl 1 Lucky Texan"

kale.
Cheryl
Mel wrote:

I'm in Atlanta too and thinking of planting some Violas this year.
HTH,
Nick
-- Nick Owen http://www.gardentodo.com

A lot.
Torenia pansies allysum mums ornamental kale petunias
I just planted my wildflower seeds a week ago. I planted California poppies, bluebonnets, larkspur, nigella and others. These come up every spring, but I still collect seed and put it out in the fall for spring.