fixing broken plants

Every now and then some poor plant or bush in garden gets lopped off. The latest was a cuke that had a tree branch fall on it. I now just have the stem poking up. Is there any way to fix or at least alleviate the damage?
To my chagrin, weeds always seem to easily recover.
Jeff (not such a good gardener!)
Add pictures here
βœ–

I've used make shift splints for bent damage annuals. But I'd just replant a cuke that was cut off.
Bill
--

³That means on average 18 veterans commit suicide
each day."

Best to plant anew... with no axillary bud remaining an annual won't leaf.

Weeds are typically perennial.
Add pictures here
βœ–
brooklyn1 wrote:

OK, I understand the theory now. Thanks to all.
Jeff
Add pictures here
βœ–

Was it already bearing? Or very young? If it's already well established, what have you got to lose if you just wait a while to see if it recovers? Be nice to it; give it some (not overwhelming amount) of good food and gentle water, and send positive thoughts <g>.
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

Without leaves, it is pretty slim pickin's.
--
- Billy
βœ–

Slim Pickens one of my favorite actors along with Andy Devine. Both liked to garden ;))
Bill
Add pictures here
βœ–

Don't for get Rip Torn. I just love getting Ripped, ah, hmmm, Torn that is. I'm waiting now for Netflix to send me Cross Creek (1983) for which he was nominated for an Oscar as best supporting actor. He attended Texas A & M and the University of Texas, where he majored in animal husbandry. I understand that they have a lot of good, hmmm, ah, manure there. I can't garden without it ;O))
--
- Billy
βœ–

Don't you just love the English language. It's all in the context however small or large that is.
" I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself."
Johnny Carson
Add pictures here
βœ–

A journalist assigned to the Jerusalem bureau takes an apartment overlooking the historic Wailing Wall. Everyday when she looks out, she sees an old bearded Jewish man praying vigorously. Certain he would be a good interview subject, the journalist goes down to the Wall and introduces herself to the old man. She asks, "You come every day to the Wall, sir, how long have you been doing that and what are you praying for?"
The old man replies, "I have come here to pray every day for 25 years. In the morning I pray for world peace and for the brotherhood of man. I go home, have a cup of tea, and I come back and pray for the eradication of illness and disease from the earth. And very, very important, I pray for peace and understanding between the Israelis and Palestinians."
The journalist is very impressed. "How does it make you feel to come here every day for 25 years and pray for these wonderful things?" she asks.
The old man replies calmly, "Like I'm talking to a wall."
--
- Billy
βœ–

No matter how much food, water, niceness, and positive thoughts are sent your way, once you've been castrated you ain't gonna reproduce.
Add pictures here
βœ–