first tomato spotted

This morning, noticed there is already a little tiny tomato forming on one of the plants. The plant is only about a foot tall and haven't staked it yet, but there's a little tiny tomato about the size of marble.
On 5/18/2013 5:08 PM, Gus wrote:

Hope the squirrels did not read this.

You are truly among the blessed. What, it's still May, and you have a tomato? Hallelujah! Blessed be the home gardener. Compared to the industrialized tomatoes of Florida, your tomato has 30% more vitamin C, 30% more thiamine, 19% more niacin, 62% more calcium, and 14 times less sodium. Enjoy.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/
On Sunday, May 19, 2013 1:40:32 AM UTC-4, Billy wrote:

don't forget 1000% more flavor!

My bad. At least a 1000% more flavor, yes!
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

And that may be an underestimate... I love garden-fresh tomatoes! The plants are growing well; looking forward to a good harvest. The cukes not so much so. One has already given up and withered. Still three growing, but not very quickly... If I just get fresh tomatoes though, I will be happy.
On Saturday, May 18, 2013 2:08:54 PM UTC-7, Gus wrote:

Me, too. Got a few happy lil' campers. Hope they maintain their "cool" through the summer. Because our beach community gets marine layer, at least through "May gray" and "June gloom", tomatoes don't always do well.
I've had good years and bad years and terrific years.
Sometimes I wonder why I bother. In summer, good US tomatoes are cheap and abundant, esp. at the farmers markets. In winter, when I yearn for them, can only get Mexican ones (fertilized with the stuff we sell them because it's illegal up here) Go figure!
HB

What stuff is illegal here that fertilizes tomatoes there?
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/