Fertilizer storage and longevity

Hi, am have searched a for information on what occurs chemically to NPK fertilizer over time. If I buy 3-4 50# bags of fertilizer and use one bag a year, will the critical chemical compounds degrade, outgas, or change? Thanks in advance,

Provided they are kept quite dry I wouldn't expect there to be any change at all. If wetted all manner of things could happen.
David
In article

Why are you buying three or four years' worth of fertiliser all at once?
If I were worried about needing a supply that far into the future, then I would be inclined to start doing "humanure" composting immediately. Although my main disincentive at the moment is just space and privacy issues.
--
Earn Money With Your Web Site
http://www.WebSponsorZone.Net
snipped-for-privacy@icehouse.net wrote:

They are fairly stable salts that will maintain their ability to kill the ecology of you soil. You may as well go hydroponic.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

On Sep 20, 6:46 pm, snipped-for-privacy@icehouse.net wrote:

Kept dry they should present no problems but may go lumpy and the sack may also degrade and burst when you try to lift. Store them in a plastic trash bag. A soil test will insure you get the best use of it as well.