Favorite seed catalogs

What's your favorite seed catalog? Any to avoid?

Reply to
Phisherman

I don't plant a lot of vegies anymore, but I like

Territorial Seed for the ones I do

Flowers: Park's

Plants: Bluestone Perennials and Canyon Creek

Emilie NorCal

Reply to
MLEBLANCA

Go to

for a user review of most existing seed catalog companies.

Reply to
FarmerDill

Pinetree Seeds in Maine - great service and great prices. Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Not sure yet but I got the Parks catalog today!

Reply to
Tom Randy

Parks, Johnny's, Pinetree, Nichols, Shepherds. Burpee. And others.

Best to present the ones you're considering and ask which are duds.

Reply to
Frogleg

The user review is good. Also that it explains which companies own which catalogs. I didn't know parks owns wayside for example.

My favorites for seed: Parks & Burpee for flowers with a slight edge to Burpee in the consistent quality department; Burpee, Shepherds & Johnny's for vegetables. Johnny's puts the germination rate on the envelope so you have a better idea how many to sow.

I also ordered some plants from Parks and they were well packaged and healthy.

mm

Reply to
mmarteen