Everything Under Snow

LOL. I realized I left them out there after I stitched those photos together. I live in a north side neighborhood of Chicago where buildings are very close together. My place has no yard whatsoever; every square foot of land was built on. When I moved here my garden was a 60 foot by

6 foot parkway (the land between the sidewalk and street) which was all lawn. I converted the grass into a wildflower garden and planted some trees. Over the years the trees grew very large and a Rose of Sharon hedge took over the parkway.

A couple of years ago I reinforced the garage for a wildflower garden on the roof. The space is 12' x 20' (240 sq ft) and I try to squeeze as many plants up there as possible. There are 2 8'x2'x1' that are for wildflowers and the rest are individual containers for herbs, veggies, flowers, vines, etc. Last summer I had 4 tomato plants up there but they take up too much space and work watering so I'm going with rosemary and sage in those planters this summer. I'm researching a way to start a couple of trees up there but I'm not sure how big of a planter they'll need.

Although I really love living in the city, I miss having a yard with good sun.

BTW: If any> > > A mere six or eight inches snow shuts down the town, which is pretty

Reply to
Mark Anderson

I put up two pages just of photos of the shortlived snowy days. Back yard photos:

yards:

paghat

snipped-for-privacy@netscapeSPAM-ME-NOT.net (paghat) expounded:

Tonight and tomorrow night are supposed to break records around here. Right now it's 7°, dry as a bone, and very still out there; we're supposed to get 3-5" overnight. By the morning it will be well below zero, they say, and tomorrow night we're looking at -10° in Boston, which means we'll be lower.........Can you say BRRRRRRRRRRRR? Hopefully we do get that snowcover, although it's a bit late. I wish everything had had a foot or so on it before the Arctic Express arrived.

Reply to
Ann