Everything Under Snow

Page 2 of 2

And here's the southeast end of my front yard:
http://www.paghat.com/images/frontyard_jansnow.jpg
and here's a bench in the back yard with 'bout eleven inches of snow neatly piled over the seat:
http://www.paghat.com/images/bench_jansnow.jpg
where do you garden? It just goes to show everyone that where there is a desire to garden, you can do so ANYWHERE! (by the way Mark, if yer looking for those pruners, you left them in the trellis container out in the snow. Bad on the blades, dude! <g>! madgardener impressed with the ingenuity of others.
says...

In article snipped-for-privacy@vic.com says...

LOL. I realized I left them out there after I stitched those photos together. I live in a north side neighborhood of Chicago where buildings are very close together. My place has no yard whatsoever; every square foot of land was built on. When I moved here my garden was a 60 foot by 6 foot parkway (the land between the sidewalk and street) which was all lawn. I converted the grass into a wildflower garden and planted some trees. Over the years the trees grew very large and a Rose of Sharon hedge took over the parkway.
A couple of years ago I reinforced the garage for a wildflower garden on the roof. The space is 12' x 20' (240 sq ft) and I try to squeeze as many plants up there as possible. There are 2 8'x2'x1' that are for wildflowers and the rest are individual containers for herbs, veggies, flowers, vines, etc. Last summer I had 4 tomato plants up there but they take up too much space and work watering so I'm going with rosemary and sage in those planters this summer. I'm researching a way to start a couple of trees up there but I'm not sure how big of a planter they'll need.
Although I really love living in the city, I miss having a yard with good sun.
BTW: If anyone is interested there are more pics at: http://www.brandylion.com/gallery /