even better (OT)

Even better, apparently we had been getting access to the newsgroups (BellSouth internet users) thru a newsgroups server called Web Use Net. WELLLLL, apparently BELLSOUTH was the ones who dropped WebUseNet........LOVELY!!! Well, I am still trying to find an affordable newsgroups server. I will let ya'll know what's up later. Thanks for being there.............. madgardener who is way too hot today from working on the concrete at Lowes for six hours

What about the one Jim W suggested in your previous request for a news reader?
Fito

MG's waiting for the freebee registration details to come through-) It takes a few days (or even up to a week) But works fine once yre registered..
// Jim
I've contacted them. They will get to me when they process me <G> Thanks JIM!! madgardener

snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net says...

Did you not get my email? Or try:
http://news.individual.net /
        Bill
Hi Mad,
I simply use the newsgroup server provided by my ISP - it doesn't cost anything. Bellsouth should have picked up another newsgroup server, no?
LeeAnne -who may, as usual, be confused :-)

probably, but do you know how frustrating it is to try to open a NEW post of one of your messages of the last two days and I get the message that it's no longer available on the server and when I close the message, there's a line thru the message and it's unretreivable? Well I tried a quickie freebie that doesn't allow posting but it allows reading (called biggulp something and ALL the posts that my original server said weren't available anymore(just from the last two days, including Helen's post about the bags, John's remark and subsequent posts that weren't available despite that they were just two days old instead of weeks) and when I downloaded the messages from big gulp something newsgroup server, they were all there intact like they shoulda been in the first place. If Bellsouth comes thru with a newsgroup server then fine, but this gets rediculous. It makes me feel like Bellsouth has decided where I can go and what I can read. Yes, there's google, and I will go to it out of desperation, and hunt posts down, but the convenience of just clicking onto rec.gardens on my newsgroup subscription has become too easy and no I ain't being lazy, I'm grateful that I've had this ability up until now. It just frustrates me and I'll get over it. I'm working on a better solution with the help of a couple of garden friends out there as a good back up. At least I can post, and I apologize for the inconvenience of my posting off topic. Back to gardening! madgardener