Eucalyptus citriadora ailing

I have a citriadora that lingered in horrible, rocky soil for some time, next to one that just took off, and it is just beginning a growth spurt. Finally. But its leaves are turning blotchy red and I'm afraid it's going to die off soon if I can't identify the problem. Can anyone offer an explanation of what is causing it and how to fix? TIA. VRS Redlands, CA.

Reply to
a6016

I just had a E. ficifolia (red-flowering gum) removed that showed some of the same symptoms. The tree service said that it had oak-root fungus resulting from my attempting to grow it in soil that was too heavy, too wet, and drained too slowly. After some six or more years in the ground (planted from a 5 gal can), they removed it merely by yanking on the trunk.

Reply to
David E. Ross