Elephant ears as houseplant

Just bought a couple of huge bulbs for 75% off and was told these will make great houseplants.
I'll get them potted but was wondering -- if I leave them indoors will they stay robust all year long or will they die back?
It's July now, so what can I expect?

What kind of bulbs are they? Name of plant?
Look it up on-line and see in what season they are supposed to be planted, and when they are supposed to bloom
Maybe this is not the right season; maybe so. You have to find that out.
If it IS the "wrong" season, you might have to put them in a sealed jar/bag in the frig. until it is time to plant
Re: indoors vs outdoors, that again is something you have to check by yourself. Just asking even a friendly NG such an open-ended question doesn't help.
Good luck!
HB

I'm in a USDA Zone 9B. Our elephant ears go dormant during the hot season > 85F, but are very hardy, and always revive in the Fall. They flower just before going dormant. They don't need a lot of sun, but I have trouble seeing them as a house plant.
There are at least 3 different plants that are called elephant ears. You should first identify the plant that you have. <http://mgonline.com/articles/alocasia.aspx
--
Welcome to the New America.
<