dying conifer?

I have a conifer in my garden. It is 3 to 4 feet in height and about 3 years old. In the last few months it has turned a rusty brown. I think it may be dying. I had another do the same, but in a different part of the garden. I thought it might be a cat or fox marking territory that is causing damadge?

Is there anything I can do or is it too late and what may be the cause as I have a few other conifers and don't want them to go the same way.

Reply to
woodcocs