Dwarf Japanese Maple trunt split from heavy snow

Ive got a Dwarf Japanese maple that has its trunk split from the heavy snowfall from winter. An arborist says it will be 400 dollars to cable it and put a few screws in it.. It will cost me 150 to buy a replacement... I am not familiar with screws to trees etc... Will this fix the tree? He says Japanese maple dont have much disease so I shouldnt have any problems, Any one experiene this before, any advice would be helpful
Add pictures here
✖

A lot depends on what you have left to work with. If it can be pulled together, a simple immediate fix is to drill a hole through the two split pieces and run allthread with a nut and washer on either side. Leave enough thread to release the rod a little over the years.
Add pictures here
✖
In article

First thing Išd do is purchase a backup.
I would tape the slit together NOW. Two months retape. Repeat.
Wondering what a dwarf Japanese maple is ? Do you mean small weeping maple? I've got one 16 inches high by about 20 wide which I consider bonsai that is 40 years old. The issue now is who in my family will care for it as sooner or latter we have to give them away.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow." - Anon
✖

The leaves look like cannabis, until they change color. The OP may want to put it where it can't be seen and mistaken by teenagers or law enforcement.

--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True
✖