Duct tape for sweet peas

Yes, it sounds weird. But so did my earlier method for securing sweet peas (or morning glories) to a wood fence that backs up a long line of roses.
Problem has been that I have no room to hang a sweet pea net behind the roses that butt right up against the fence. So in past years I STAPLED the pea vines to the fence. Sounds cruel, but I bridged the stems with the staples, so worked fine.
However, due to an injury that has partially crippled my R. hand, it is more difficult than ever to position the heavy-duty staples and click in place.
So I decided to try duct tape. Have just spent an hour taping the whole line of sweet peas, tallest of which are now about 2' high. Should work OK barring rain* and maybe even that wouldn't dissolve tape.
*Not supposed to be raining late April in So. Calif coastal, but weather is out of whack, perhaps due to climate change.
Any other thoughts for this recurring situation?
TIA
Persephone
Higgs Boson wrote:

Contact adhesive.
David
Higgs Boson wrote:

We have a Mastercraft (manufactured by Canadian Tire) "Electric Staple/Nail Gun" which I use to staple up our stuff. Maybe you can find something similiar in the UK?

I'm not in UK, but in So. Calif USA
I went to Canadian Tire site and found a light-duty manual gun, but could not find shipping cost to US. It did get better reviews than similar guns I found on-line at Sears (bad ) and Black & Decker (also bad )
However, all these guns with the "forward action" do seem easier to use than my old stapler.
Weighing the pros & cons...
P.