Duct tape

i have been usin partially clear, silvered Mylar like tape. It seems to stick a lot better than aluminum tape. Practically as sticky as Tyvec tape. I guess it should last a pretty long time. Any other users.

I have started wrapping remaining asbestos tape with it to seal it. The asbestos tape is fairly secure anyway.??

Greg

Reply to
zekor

What does your local building inspector say about it? If it complies with your local codes, then go with it. You should know however that there are reasons that aluminium tape is used... check the fire rating.

Reply to
Steve

It's class 1 rating. I would have to check codes. Since is a great product I have many uses other than vents.

When I moved in the house the vents would blow at least 140 degrees. Probably hotter before I uncovered return vents and increased fan speed. Now it's a new heater. The old oil burner was about 50 years old.

The tape is probably not for outside use, but I have a piece holding ny cars win deflector intact.

Greg

Reply to
zekor

True, its better than duct tape and more astetic too. My favorite is that stuff that has a thick rubbery backing and shiny aluminum top surface . Works well on sealing seams on ductwork and other uses...even sticks to dirt.

Reply to
ilbebauck