deer salad

Just an FYI to all who grow radishes. Beware. Deer love the tops. They've pulled most of my nice fat radishes up just trying to nip off the greens. I didn't expect this since radish tops are hairy but I was wrong. Also discovered that deer like the Jerusalem artichoke leaves that are just emerging from the ground. Again, very prickly, hairy leaves, yet the deer like them. There are plenty of other goodies to eat around here - non-veggie garden treats, but apparently what I am growing is delicious. Additional fencing is going up even as I write. Deb

Reply to
Thistletoes

See if you can find some Plantskydd. It's a bloodmeal-based deer repellant. It works on moose up here -- should work on deer down your way.

One application will last for a *long* time. (Months.)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Flora