crabgrass control

Warm January here in Northern DE has got me thinking about crabgrass control. Wonder if it has germinated this early and if so will subsequent freezing days kill it? Then, when is best time here to apply preemergent treatment. Comments welcome. Frank

Reply to
Frank

Here in Northern Texas my lawn service treated my lawn with preemergent several weeks ago.

I've not been bothered with crabgrass or any other weeds since I started using that company three years ago.

Freckles

Reply to
Freckles

Soil temp at 58 degrees, 3" deep, for 7 days straight will kick it in nicely for you to cuss about.. Forsythia blooms when soil temp is the same at 2" deep. soooo, when the forsythia blooms, apply pre-m. But the question you ask is keeping me also on my knees in the lawn like the dad on Honey I shrunk the kids looking in that vile weed.. Richmond Va weather is very warm this year too... Watching forsythia myself...

Reply to
KCnRichmond