Colorful Hydrangeas

How can I get more color in my hydrangeas? I know it has something to do with the ph factor of the soil, but I'm not sure.

Thanks....

Reply to
brsher

Acidic soil gets you blue and alkaline gets you pink.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

My neighbors grows them and does nothing and has blue and pink flowers on the same plant! Here are some pictures of them from my web site:

Bill R

That's not true of all hydrangeas. And technically, you are not getting more color when it is true. You are just shifting the color from pink to blue.

Reply to
Vox Humana