Clematis

My multi blue clematis is done blooming and the blooms are dropping to the ground. The plant is very bushy on the bottom half of the plant with only a couple of long vines on the top. Is it now time to prune each vine so that I may have a fuller (dense top) next season?
Thanks, CJ in s.e.Michigan
Clematis comes in 3 groups when it comes to pruning. I would look up the cultiver to see the pruning schedule for yours..