Christmas cactus not budding

I have 2 20+ year old Christmas Cactus. They should be budding by now but nothing in sight. What should I do?

Reply to
Steve Glines

Have more patience. Cool temps and no extra light helps. My Thanskgiving cactus is in full bloom, but one Christmas cactus has no buds yet and the other one (a different variety and smaller, younger) is just now setting buds for the first time since I took the orginal slip two years ago. I love these plants!

Reply to
Phisherman

I'd agree with that.

I had my cc outside as it's still been in the 80s recently. Then as soon as the temp dropped several degrees, it developed buds all over - which I was thrilled at as it was a largish cutting that was only potted a couple of months ago! Have brought it inside as it's too cold at night now. Keeping watering to an absolute minimum, out of draughts with access to natural light. The longer nights seem to be doing the trick and the buds are developing at a healthy pace. Looks like it's gonna be bright pink :-)

Um, where's that page I found that was useful... here it is;

love this site.

-- Lynda

Reply to
Purple Linny LeCompte

Give it cooler temps. I put mine down by the floor where it's cooler and they are all budding and about to bloom.

Reply to
Tom Randy

Me too! I just bought a 6" white one!

Reply to