"Christmas cactus" blooming

My "Christmas cactus" as they are called is blooming lovely. I had it out all summer and brought it in when the weather got cold. This is the best it has bloomed in the several years I have had it.
Does this have to do with keeping it outside during the summer, or is just getting stronger as it gets older?
On 15 Nov 2003 02:28:24 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mceezee) wrote:

Placing it outdoors (sheltered) is a good thing for a zygocactus. It will benefit from diluted manure tea and fish emulsion (deodorized) feedings during the growing season. My Thanksgiving cactus is now in full bloom (white creamy flowers), no buds on the Christmas cactus yet. Allow it to rest after it blooms.

<snip>
Mine's still outside. It's still in the 80's around these parts. I don't think I'll see a bloom this year as it was a cutting taken from another plant just a few months ago. It's doing well and look forward to seeing the bloom. -- Lynda
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:28:24 -0500, Mceezee wrote:

The cooler weather of fall, coupled with longer nights helps to induce flower buds. For me the cooler temps seem to be the key.
For me the cooler temps seem to be the key.>>>
Definitely. I've been doing this for years...leave it out till frost, and then bring it in. The warm inside temperature forces the buds to bloom quicker, the short day period helps too.